(TV) Chocolate Watchband / Why Tom Signed With Warner Brothers

>but he can certainly smoke at my place.
>and what are those chocolates he likes?

Some kind of pralines.  But here's more of Tom
on chocolates:

"He is flattered less by being thought of as a
guitar virtuoso than by a comparison to Australian
filmmaker Peter Weir. And Tom Verlaine would much
rather talk about the movies than rehash Television's
career - or discuss his more recent label switch
from Elektra to Warners.

"Well, the chocolates are better in these offices,"
he deadpans. "I'm just trying to say something that's
interesting to read. Y'see, I don't read [the music
papers] too much anymore, but when you read about a
guy changing labels it's always the same story,
so that's why I think chocolates are a better
reason."

	Leo

PS: I was too busy to attend but band The Chocolate
Watchband played in Cambridge, MA last week.

There was a small piece the day before the
show in The Globe.  I was surprised when it said
they put out a total of 11 LPs in the mid-late
1960's.  That's more than Tom; I don't think he
should be allowed to cover their "I Don't Need
Your Lovin' Anymore", or eat any pralines until
his until his output of albums surpasses 11!

The article also said most of the band went to
Harvard, which surprised me for some reason.

PPS:  I'm pretty sure it was the second of two
nights of Television at Irving Plaza (NYC) on
Saturday, March 22, 2005--at , in long monologue
Tom does during 'Rhyme':

"Lonely  man in a lonely town .... just rain
all the time ... it's kinda like drip ... drip
.. .drip."  Then he really changed its usual
lyrics and went into this whole thing about
how the lonely guy has trouble arriving in
the town because customs had too carefully
inspected his passport which was made out of
a chocolate clock.  (I'm not making this up;
I was there those 2 nights.) The guy's really
something with his dry/strange humor.  :>)