Re: (TV) OT -- The Guardian's "Best and Worst of 2005"

Brian wrote:
It's a great record, too. I highly recommend it. It was in my top 3 of the year.

JoeT wrote:
.... I wasn't aware that Sylvian had a new album out -- in the guise of "Nine Horses"...

One of the attractions for me is that it's yet another collaboration with Ryuichi Sakamoto. His musical resume is matchless:
www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/music/muze/index.pl?site=music&action=biography&artist_id=26431
(The discography is far from comprehensive.)

Sakamoto shares with Verlaine the ability to add (among other things) those little musical flourishes that turn an ordinary piece of music into something great.

--JoeT