Re: (TV) OT -- The Guardian's "Best and Worst of 2005"

On 12/22/05, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:

> Brian wrote:
> > It's a great record, too. I highly recommend it. It was in my top 3 of
> the
> > year.
> >
> > JoeT wrote:
> >  .... I wasn't aware that Sylvian had a new album out -- in the guise of
> > "Nine Horses"...
>
> One of the attractions for me is that it's yet another collaboration with
> Ryuichi Sakamoto. His musical resume is matchless:

www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/music/muze/index.pl?site=music&action=biography&artist
_id=26431
> (The discography is far from comprehensive.)
>
> Sakamoto shares with Verlaine the ability to add (among other things)
> those
> little musical flourishes that turn an ordinary piece of music into
> something great.

My drummer is hugely into Sakamoto and Sylvian.  Other than some of
Sakomoto's films work I'm largely ign'ernt of both.  What a good starting
point for a TV-list-type on either artist?

-Rex