Re: (TV) OT -- The Guardian's "Best and Worst of 2005"

Hiya Rex,

  I know Sylvian's work better than Sakamoto's, but here are my recommendations:

  For Sylvian, if you did not just start with the Nine Horses album (which wouldn't be a bad place to start), I would go with:

  Gone to Earth (the 2cd recently-remastered version with Fripp & Bill Nelson)

  and/or Rain Tree Crow

  or his album with Fripp The First Day (or the live version of this music, called Damage).

  My favorite Sakamoto is Neo Geo.  Beauty is more highly-rated by AMG, but I prefer Neo Geo.

  Happy New Year to all Mooners!

  Regards,

  Brian

Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
  My drummer is hugely into Sakamoto and Sylvian. Other than some of
Sakomoto's films work I'm largely ign'ernt of both. What a good starting
point for a TV-list-type on either artist?

-Rex