Re: (TV) OT -- The Guardian's "Best and Worst of 2005"

On 12/29/05, Brian Young <raggedglory57@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hiya Rex,
>
> I know Sylvian's work better than Sakamoto's, but here are my
> recommendations:
>
> For Sylvian, if you did not just start with the Nine Horses album (which
> wouldn't be a bad place to start), I would go with:
>
> Gone to Earth (the 2cd recently-remastered version with Fripp & Bill
> Nelson)
>
> and/or Rain Tree Crow
>
> or his album with Fripp The First Day (or the live version of this music,
> called Damage).

Rain Tree Crow I kinda know... it was "big in France", which is where I
lived when it came out.

The Fripp collaboration might make sense, too.  I like almost everything on
which I've heard Fripp's-- or for that matter Belew's-- playing except for,
oddly, King Crimson, which always strikes me as exactly the wrong
combination of muso and neanderthal tendencies.  I just don't know what's
wrong with me, Linus.

-Rex