Re: (TV) (OT) Richard Thompson

Belated thanks for this reminder, Keith.

The first real "rock" concert I ever attended was Fairport Convention in
Dublin. It was 1970, I think, soon after the release of Full House. And
Richard Thompson was the main man then, all those years ago, though always
self-effacing. It was a big thrill; I couldn't believe how loud they were!

And Danny Thompson; the same Danny T of Pentangle fame, etc. etc.? Even
older!

--JoeT

Keith wrote:

Tania and I took the boys to see Richard Thompson tonight as he started
his tour at Chichester.  Believe me, this was a big event as we usually
only get the classical crowd at the cathedral and various people called
MC-Something-or-other at the clubs. You will not be surprised to hear that
he was marvellous - just RT and Danny Thompson. What an enthralling player
he is, it was just jaw-dropping stuff. I can't think of any other player
with such mastery of the guitar, and such taste.

If you get the chance to see him on the current dates, just go.