(TV) Jimmy Rip- Way Past Blue

Well, I got this one and gave it a spin. It's a very good modern blues album. All original songs by JR save one Willie Dixon cover. Of course there is nothing earth-shatteringly new (what blues album from the '90's is?), but it is passionate electric blues with great singing and guitar slinging. Jagger sings bg vokes and plays some harmonica. Hell, I wish the Stones played electric blues like this exclusively nowadays.

  Regards,

  Brian
  np. Albert King & SRV- In Session