Re: (TV) Jimmy Rip- Way Past Blue

Brian, thanks for this great little review. (Another CD added to my "to be purchased" list.)

And the big question is: Will Jimmy Rip be back on stage with Tom this year? One thing we can be sure of: The tickets will be much cheaper than the Stones'!

--JoeT

Brian Young wrote:
Well, I got this one and gave it a spin. It's a very good modern blues album. All original songs by JR save one Willie Dixon cover. Of course there is nothing earth-shatteringly new (what blues album from the '90's is?), but it is passionate electric blues with great singing and guitar slinging. Jagger sings bg vokes and plays some harmonica. Hell, I wish the Stones played electric blues like this exclusively nowadays.