(TV) Way off topic

Today I continued down the uncool road from hip urban
dweller living in a downtown apartment to atypical
surburbanite with a van, bungalow and kids and
attended my first children's concert with my kids.
Fred Penner was in town.

Wow!  Lot's of audience participation for the first
bit, clapping, singing along but it went 15 minutes
too long.  Children became bored / tired / out of
sorts and began running, screaming, crying and
throwing crap around.  It was a goddamn riot in the
end!

Anyone else have this experience?

greg