RE: (TV) Rainy Day / Soul Food Chitlins

Robin wrtote:
>what's weird is that leo's orchestrated the whole damn
>thing

No.

But I have destroyed by back trolling over the through used
cd bins looking for The Rain Parade's "Ain't That Nothin; ",
to no avail.

Given high response the album 'Rainy Day' has gotten has there been a way
created yet to get a copy of this to those interested?  (I don't want to
re-read all the previous posts, so pardon  me if the actual (and illegal)
:>) details have already been discussed on this List).

"This 1984 release was a tribute to Alex Chilton, the Velvet Underground,
Neil Young, and other songwriters who influenced many of the so-called
"Paisley Revival" bands from the West Coast in the early '80s. Rainy Day is
a one-time collaboration of members of the Bangles, Dream Syndicate, Rain
Parade, the Three O'Clock, and Opal. The Bangles' Susanna Hoffs turns in her
most stunning vocal performances ever on Bob Dylan's "I'll Keep It with
Mine" and The Velvets' "I'll Be Your Mirror," while Opal's Kendra Smith is
haunting on Chilton's "Holocaust" and Young's "Flying on the Ground Is
Wrong." Throughout this project, the mood is often somber, well-suited to a
rainy day. Most of the selections are sparsely arranged acoustic settings,
making this an album of sublime beauty. "

  CD Rough Trade ROUGH-US-41CD
  LP Rough Trade ROUGH-US-41
  CS Rough Trade ROUGH-US-41C

Just to see if anyone read this far:  I am probably the only person left in
the universe, who thinks Alex Chilton and Big Star are over-rated.
When I was an undergraduate, Boston DJ, Bud Ballou once played Chilton's
arrangement of 'The Letter' 22 times in a row (and we're not talking the
graveyard shift here).