Re: (TV) Rainy Day / Soul Food Chitlins

> ah, can you give me a rundown then on bell's solo
> work?  i was in a record store once when some of this
> was playing and thought it was great (reminded me of
> big star at their best -- and much better than any
> solo chilton i've heard).  what's available, and what
> do you recommend?

Just the Ryko compilation "I Am the Cosmos", which I think
compiles everything he recorded after Big Star, most of which went
unreleased at the time.  It came out around the same time as Ryko's version
of Big Star's "Third/Sister Lovers" and I think it's probably out of print
itself now.  Everything on it is great, but some songs appear two or even
three times because of the paucity of material, I guess (many will have
heard the This Mortal Coil versions of the title song and "Me and My
Sister").  It sounds very much like a continuation of "#1 Record".

-Rex