Re: (TV) Rainy Day / Soul Food Chitlins

I believe that Bell only released one 7" during his lifetime -- the
rest of the Bell CD is made up of outtakes, alternates, etc., but it
is fairly interesting. I remember the production sort of bugging me,
but it's been so long since I listened to it that now I can't
remember why...

A friend once pointed out that "I am the Cosmos" sounds a lot like
the great lost George Harrison track (ALL THINGS MUST PASS-era).

As for Big Star: I like the first 2 LPs, particularly the latter, but
was never obsessed over them. However, I was briefly hooked on
THIRD/SISTER LOVERS, which is inconsistent if anything, but has a
good number of really haunting and/or catchy tracks (how's that for a
combination?)

--Phil