Re: Smith/ RE: (TV) capturing screenshots/ Digitalizing Vinyl & Analogue tapes

On 3/21/07, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> 5. Click the "Capture Frame" button.  You're dunn.

Heee!

> 2. For 'audio out' plug connection won't I need a 'Y' cable connection
> since
> PC-'end' just has one input port? (2a. But won't that cause converted file
> to be mono?)

Assuming your input is a miniplug, it's probably also stereo*.  So if you
get a "Stereo Y adaptor", 2 RCA's going to a single miniplug, that miniplug
is outputting a split stereo signal.  (Stereo miniplugs have a small inset
black band around the, erm, shaft of the metal plug).

*If your input is mono, everything you record into it will be mono no matter
what.  One of my PC's has a mono miniplug input, and it is most off-pissing
indeed.

-Rex