Re: (TV) OT -- myspace videos -- something for the weekend

> On 4/6/07, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:> I have everything
> by the Cocteau Twins...
>
> So Rex (I trust your judgement), which are the essential albums?
> --------------

There may be some new compilations that do a good summary job, but a good
one-two punch is "The Pink Opaque", which collects the earlier singles, and
"Heaven or Las Vegas", which is a commercial and sonic peak of sorts.
There's not a dud in the catalog, though.  The later albums are maybe a
little less inspired, and the first one, "Garlands", is jarringly harsh if
you're used to the ethereal sound, but all are good.  A good one that is
sometimes overlooked is "Echoes in a Shallow Bay / Tiny Dynamine", which was
originally two 4-track EP's in the same gatefold... on CD it makes one
lovely 8-song album.

Enjoy!