Re: (TV) Semi-OT: Finding a great record you've always just missed

In message <788984.37359.qm@web60313.mail.yahoo.com>, Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> writes
To think that I never bothered with this record because Eno wasn't on it -- and it's instantly more compelling to me than either Roxy record with Eno on it.

Can't agree with you there, Phil, but it *is* the last great Roxy Music album, I think. I remember when it came out we didn't care that Eno wasn't on it because we were obsessed with Ferry (well, I was) and whatever he did was fascinating. And Manzanera's great on it. And Mackay. And, of course, the Great Paul Thompson.

Hearing the first Roxy album in '72 changed this schoolboy's feelings about music forever. I held out until Siren and the disco crept in. Still bought the damned records, though. Well, you do, don't you?