Re: (TV) OT: Glenn Mercer + Wild Carnation April 28th - Brooklyn

 Hello my fellow TV friends.

The time is now..well not quite now..really it's this Saturday April 28th
That's right kids. The wild bill of Glenn Mercer (the feelies) along with his crack band will
play at Magnetic Fields IN BROOKLYN with yours truly WILD CARNATION (ex The Feelies,
The Trypes, Speed the Plough, Joss). Our new CD "Superbus" has been receiving great
reviews from our favorite mag in the world The Big Takeover, Chicago Sun Times and
below is a new one from Daggar..

Magnetic Fields is located on Atlantic Ave. between Henry and Hicks in our favorite
borough Brooklyn NY. Show time is 9:00 PM Sharp.

WILD CARNATION- SUPERBUS- LUCKY PIG- Wow, I wasnt sure what happened to this early
90s N.J. trio ! I have their 1994 full-length TRICYCLE that I still occasionally put on but
they vanished after that. My initial interest was that the band featured the bass playing
skills of The Feelies Brenda Sauter- who was also in Speed the Plough and The Trypes
(remember them ??) . I had assumed they had called it a day years ago and went on with
their lives, jobs families and while that may be true, its nice to have SUPERBUS here now.
In addition to Sauter, the band includes her husband, guitarist Rich Barnes as well as
drummer Chris ODonovan and new member , keyboardist Anne Hopkins. Best of all, its
nice to report that the band can still write great songs as this is at least as good as the
fantastic TRICYCLE if not better. The opener The Road to Bielfield , Catch a Curb , the
Feelies-ish Id Rather Drive a Truck , the even more Feelies-ish Sitting Under a
Tree (hey, I dont mind, I love The Feelies !) and Cricket are just some of the gems here
. The guitars jangle, keyboards intrude perfectly while the rhythms are nimble and bouncy
and Sauters gentle voice is simply icing on the cake. If youre a newcomer you may not
have heard the names in the band, the band name (or record label) but trust me and your
instincts on this one and plunk down your hard-earned dough. You wont be disappointed
(and if you are then maybe youre checking out the wrong website).

( www.wildcarnation.com )

> Buy WILD CARNATION now @ the following locales
>
> www.milesofmusic.com
> www.cdbaby.com
> www.wildcarnation.com
>
> in-store locations
> TUNES-HoBoKeN, NJ
> Sound Fix - Bedford Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
>
> we accept PAYPAL, ASK US HOW

Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far.

Chris O'D