(TV) Fandom, Tom Verlaine & The Dark Crystal

I'm reading a great book, "Sex,Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman.
He also wrote "Fargo Rock City", which I have not read. My wife actually
read Sex and Drugs first. There's a section in there which we laugh about
because it has some bearing on my "fandom" of Television and TV. Klosterman
posits the following:

"You meet the perfect person. Romantically, this person is ideal: You find
them physically attractive, intellectually stimulating, consistently funny,
and deeply compassionate. However, they have one quirk: This individual is
obsessed with Jim Henson's gothic puppet fantasy The Dark Crystal. Beyond
watching it on DVD at least once a month, he/she
peppers casual conversation with Dark Crystal references, uses Dark Crystal
analogies to explain everyday events, and occasionally likes to talk
intensely about the film's "deeper philosophy." Would this be enough to stop
you from marrying this individual?"

OK, you get the picture. I might say to Leah, "Television this....", "Tom
Verlaine once did blah...."  and Leah will say ,oh, 'Dark Crystal'....

Actually my wife likes Television and saw them with me back in , what was it
, 2002? I don't think Klosterman is describing me anyway.....