Re: (TV) need advice re: album promotion

On 5/17/07, earcandy_archive <earcandy_archive@comcast.net> wrote:

> Crap !
> I've been roped into helping with the promotion of Richard Lloyd's
> upcoming album; serves me right for opening my big mouth.
>
> Anyone with music label promotion experience who could glance over the
> enclosed merchandising sticker text , I'd be grateful. If you've
> better ideas, feel free to chime in. The printer's deadline is June 1st.

Honestly, more effective than any of these  options, which range from silly
to off-putting to outdated, I'd have it say:

"The new album from legendary Television guitarist Richard Lloyd"

...because RL's resume is the chief point of interest.  You could mention
Matthew Sweet, or throw an adjective in there:  "The bold new CD from..."
but I think Television is a better touchstone than Manilow or Rob & Fab.

Just my opinion...

-Rex