Re: (TV) a friend responds

----- Original Message ----- From: "Murray Ramone" <murrayramone@hotmail.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:52 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) a friend responds

you misunderstood me - I was obviously saying that richard lloyds hollywood career is overdue

If I go and see a film, I expect the audience to be silent, and I've been too plenty gigs and a few films where I've had to ask people to shut up when they've obviously not been interested in the show (why do these people go ?) - at the same time I've seen bands captivate an audience so that they are silent (go betweens accoustic rings a bell - the audience were so quiet that the glass washing machine seemed like a hurricane and the bar staff were whispering about how to switch it off)

you pay money to see an artist make art - if you dont like it, you can complain, you can criticise, you can spend your whole life moaning but that says more about you than the artist - at the end of the day you ARE paying the artist to do whatever the fuck they want

Not really. If I go to see a Richard Lloyd show, I expect him to play music. If he says "first I'm going to do a dramatic reading from Now We Are Six and if anyone complains, I'm not going to play," I'm going to feel cheated.

Exactly what does it say about me if I complain or criticize? I'm actually glad that I have some critical sensibility and that I don't blandly accept everything that's put before me.

"Will Richard give them back the money they paid for him to perform music? " - I believe he did perform music

The point is that he threatened not to.

- did I ask tom verlaine for some money
back when he interrupted a television gig to talk about buying a belt for his trousers ? - no, that is his priveledge as an artist and a consumer of leather goods to discuss such a thing

Did he say he wanted complete silence while he talked about his belt or he wouldn't play?