Re: (TV) Futureheads / Wilco OT

On 6/18/07, Andy Ferguson <afne04343@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Also, does anyone have any thoughts on the new Wilco record? I have always
> liked them, and Uncle Tupelo also, but I think this new record is just
> staggeringly good.

Oh, I hate it.  Or at least I find it a major notch below any or their
previous work-- very bland and disappointing.  I know a lot of other folks
who feel the same way, and I'm surprised at how well-received it's been... I
think my main problem is that the addition of Nels Cline should have
resulted in a more edgy album, not a more pedestrian one.

-Rex