Re: (TV) Verlaine On You Tube

The strat I've seen him play the most has lipstick case pickups and I think he also used them in some of his Jazzmasters. Maybe he finds the strat stays in tune better.
Just a guess.

I'm just curious:  why is Tom favoring Stratocastors nowadays?  He had
such a distinctive sound with the Jazzmaster.

-A