Re: (TV) Verlaine On You Tube

On 8/19/07, Dennis D <dend@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> The strat I've seen him play the most has lipstick case pickups and I think
> he also used them in some of his Jazzmasters. Maybe he finds the strat stays
> in tune better.
> Just a guess.

But his current Strat has a Jazzmaster neck...

My guess is he goes through phases like any guitarist.  Also,
possibly, Jazzmasters are rilly trendy right now (partly due to Tom's
influence, finally), and Tom never wants to look, or sound,
particularly trendy.

Or he just builds stuff out of spare parts until something sounds good
to him, and he uses that.

It's probably not that advisable to try to figure out how Tom's shiny
brain really works.  Zip zap and all that.

-Rex