Re: (TV) Verlaine On You Tube

I guess so.

I had always assumed the Jazzmaster appealed to Verlaine because of
its unique sounding humbucker-like soapbar pickups, and its
psuedo-third bridge, with which one could do various harmonic tricks.
Sonic Youth was big on Jazzmasters for these reasons.

But perhaps attraction for Verlaine was simply price:  in the early
70s, a used Jazzmaster could be found in pawnshops for under $200.
Today, an original Jazzmaster easily goes for $5000 or more.

-A