Re: The Dream's Dream / Arty Lyrics a Put-off? / RE: (TV) Anyone else hear a lot of Television in this?

Rex wrote:
Maybe I'm *the* only one, but I think Tom's a world-class lyricist.

I agree. A lot of the Songs & Other Things lyrics might strike you as obscure, abstract and throwaway, and you dare to think that Tom's losing his touch, but then you hear "Oh to be summoned by unseen and sparkling eyes..."

  He comes up with startlingly original stuff
sometimes... the "quote / unquote" thing alone, I wish to hell I'd come up
with something like that.

The "quote / unquote" thing? Is that something other than the song "Dissolve/Reveal"?

As regards the latter, I offer below (once again) my latest take on the lyrics, definitely more accurate than the version on the normally reliable The Wonder website...

--JoeT

++++

DISSOLVE/REVEAL  (Verlaine)

Look at you back on the set
Oh yeah
Warn of [Warm up?? Warmer?? Warner??] colours on the move
This room keeps speeding up
Oh yeah
And I find myself in love with you
I do, I do, I do