Re: (TV) Mr. Lloyd seems to be obsessed with the Black Hole!

If you are into physics and stuff ( I ain't no hardcore mathematician) ,
you might like the following books and blogs:
"The Cosmic Landscape" and "The Black Hole Wars" by string theorist, Leonard
Susskind
"Three Roads to Quantum Gravity" by Lee Smolin

(heavier math/physics)
Not Even Wrong: http://www.math.columbia.edu/~woit/wordpress/
N-Category Cafe: http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/category/

Mr. Lloyd might find the above interesting as well