Re: (TV) the nice thing about living in NYC

Keith Allison wrote:
Scott Simpson wrote:

Can we now start talking about the Palindrone? I call her this because she
is as lucid backwards as forward.

I know all about her, 'cos I came to the US once. Plus, I live by the sea and on a clear day I can see the Isle of Wight. So I'm also an expert on '60s pop festivals. If you people put this moron second-in-charge of the world I'll never forgive you. No, never, even if we get to live that long.

If McCain is somehow elected, the bright side is that chances are, she'd only be second in charge for a little while. That's also the dark side.

But take heart--even her supporters are, apparently, bailing on her. I'm finding good polling information on the election here, for those interested (which, to be honest, ought to be everybody on the planet):

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

On the other hand, the only two requirements for being able to vote here are age and a pulse, so an enormous Moron Contingent could turn out on November 4.

NB: Last night Eric V. re-forwarded to me my message to the list after the election in 2000, apologizing in advance for what my country was going to do. I will admit that even I was surprised at how bad it all turned out.

Now back to your regularly scheduled music talk. Lately I've been *really* digging _Remain in Light_-era Talking Heads. Some of the outtakes from that LP would have really kicked the ass of a lot of what's on side 2, had they fleshed them out.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/