Re: (TV) Best of 2008

In terms of great debut albums, despite the name, Fuck Buttons Street Horrrsing. Saw them twice as support act. First time thought they were annoyingly awful, second time an ecstatic noise.

Otherwise:
Carla Bozulich: (under the Evangelista moniker) Hello Voyager - yet another stunning album from CB
Portishead Third
Black Mountain: In The Future - an encyclopaedic retro trawl which somehow works
Fred Frith: To Sail to Sail -  acoustic guitar  mastery
Christian Fennesz: Black Sea

Old but discovered/rediscovered:
Neil Young's Dead Man Soundtrack
Those two Glen Campbell vids that were circulating recently
Bert Jansch/Pentangle
Albert Ayler's Holy Ghost
Max Roach: Freedom Now Suite

Cheers

Graham

Murray Ramone wrote:
The chunky nerd is the appeal, he writes like an chunky nerd and he looks like
a chunky nerd

my extreme lack of buying anything actually 'new' this year means this is my
favourite album of the year - is there any great debut albums I should be
checking out ?

best compilation album of the year for all you vinyl junkies out there is this
http://filthylittleangels.blogspot.com/2008/10/angel-021-various-artists-just
-minute.html a 33 1/3rd 7 inch with 19 songs on it with a maximum running time
of a minute each - amazingly enough the vinyl sound quality is really good
although I'm guessing its stretching the physical limitations ...
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 07:13:25 -0800> From: piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Best of 2008> To: tv@obbard.com> > i saw them live in L.A.
last week> > dude has a lot of energy but he's just too much of a chunky nerd
to pull it off completely> > that said, no doubt he loves the rock and roll