Re: (TV) Illegal

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 7:29 AM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> " PPPS:  Separate (but possibly related Q):  I'm not complaining, but
> whatever happened to all the hullaballu about the embedded
> protection/Encryption  that Sony Cd Company and others put into their
> commercial cds to prevent the buyer from burning copies?

Well, they fried a lot of hard drives, including one of mine, and then they
stopped manufacturing them so as not to get killed.  They weren't punished
nearly hard enough, that's for sure... folks have been waterboarded for
less.

The slightly less insidious version was defeated by tiny pieces of tape.

-Rex