Re: (TV) four for four

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ty Burr" <tyburr@comcast.net>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) four for four

On Feb 16, 2009, at 3:47 PM, eRacerX wrote:

SSimpson@nyc.rr.comwrites:
Who else has gone four for four, Heads?  Anyone  else?

Eno's first four. Roxy's first four. Elvis Costello's first four (though the pick-up band on "My Aim is True" takes the debut down a notch, and, yes, you have to love "Get Happy!," which I do). Going back to classic era: Beatles, Zep. Stones, if you're just looking at "Beggar's Banquet" through "Exile". Dylan has his big three, "BIABH," "H61R," and "B&B" and most people would toss in "John Wesley Harding".

I would say The Kinks did seven in a row, from Kinks Kontroversy through Muswell Hillbillies, but even if the acclaim for Kontroversy and Lola Vs.Powerman and the Moneygoround Part One isn't as universal as that for the others, you've still got Face To Face through Arthur. If T. Rex and Trannosaurus Rex count as the same group, then they might have a five album run from Unicorn through Slider, though I've only heard a few tracks from Beard of Stars. (Maybe even longer, I've only heard a few tracks from the first two and how variable in quality can they be?)

The first four Love albums also come to mind. --------------