Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd interview re. Hendrix

I think Lloyd's Hendrix influence shows up on just about any solo Richard
ever took on a Television record - there are a few at least. The one that
stands out for me is his solo on 'Elevation'. I'm no Hendrix expert but that
solo, it's short and sweet like all of Lloyd's solos, sounds Hendrixian ( I
made up a word) to me. It goes from way high to way low then back up again -
similar of course to his solo in '1880 or So' . I think it's not so much the
notes he plays as it is the sound he manages to get out of his strat. As
Verlaine called him - he is 'master of the strat-o-caster'.