Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd interview re. Hendrix

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 05:21:33 -0800 (PST)
Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yet clearly Hendrix was a huge formative influence on Lloyd. Does this
> show up anywhere in Television's sound, or even Lloyd's solo work to date?

Not to these ears.  There's a certain sense of controlled chaos that
Richard brings to some solos that might be considered to be a bit
Hendrix-y, but it's hard for me to draw real parallels.  Hendrix loved
him some feedback, where Richard's work doesn't really use that as part
of its palette (though if I'm wrong, someone will point it out!).

Hendrix also worked from a more bluesy base, another thing that I rarely
hear in Richard's work.

None of this makes the connection Richard feels to Hendrix any less valid,
but it's clear that Richard's never looked to emulate or carry on Hendrix's
musical vision before this.