Re: (TV) Mostly OT: In my cd/dvd player

It's been a lazy day, so much to do but...

I watched the movie "control" (Joy Division and then the documentary on the band and it struck me that one of my favorite albums, Boy by U2 sounded like Joy division so I went onto my music service (napster, cd's are so passe) put Closer and U2's Boy in back to back and can't believe I never made the connection way back to how much U2 lifted their sound from Joy Division, then again, I have never been able to sit through an entire Joy division album.  This stuff makes Lou Reed's Berlin sound like the sound of music on the happiness scale.  Then I listened to more U2 still hating unforgettable fire and pretty much everything after.  The Eno album from a few years ago where he returned to vocals and made the connection that he ruined U2.  The new Hitchcock, Goodnight Oslo which has three or four great songs and 6 or 7 not so great ones (i actually have this on cd but it's also on napste and I bought some super fantastic speakers) then ended with Gotta Let
 this Hen Out on LP and lamented how much better vinyl sounds then cd's which sounds better than mp3's or streaming and decided that all new music is crap and does not deserve vinyl.  After all that, I went downtown, fed the pigeons and yelled at children.  All in all, it was a great day.

greg