RE: (TV) Mostly OT: In my cd/dvd player

what ? big surprise ? they both sound dull as dishwasher ? U2 lyrics are
NONSENSE 90% of the time ?

fuck it, lets give it all

97 % of sgrike

I love you

xx.x...x.x.x..x.x

> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 18:12:21 -0700
> From: grntg@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: (TV) Mostly OT: In my cd/dvd player
> To: tv@obbard.com
>
> It's been a lazy day, so much to do but...
>
> I watched the movie "control" (Joy Division and then the documentary on the
band and it struck me that one of my favorite albums, Boy by U2 sounded like
Joy division so I went onto my music service (napster, cd's are so passe) put
Closer and U2's Boy in back to back and can't believe I never made the
connection way back to how much U2 lifted their sound from Joy Division, then
again, I have never been able to sit through an entire Joy division album.
This stuff makes Lou Reed's Berlin sound like the sound of music on the
happiness scale. Then I listened to more U2 still hating unforgettable fire
and pretty much everything after. The Eno album from a few years ago where he
returned to vocals and made the connection that he ruined U2. The new
Hitchcock, Goodnight Oslo which has three or four great songs and 6 or 7 not
so great ones (i actually have this on cd but it's also on napste and I bought
some super fantastic speakers) then ended with Gotta Let
> this Hen Out on LP and lamented how much better vinyl sounds then cd's which
sounds better than mp3's or streaming and decided that all new music is crap
and does not deserve vinyl. After all that, I went downtown, fed the pigeons
and yelled at children. All in all, it was a great day.