Re: (TV) Ian Curtis died for your sins - but not mine, not mine.

Rex Broome wrote:
On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Keith Allison <keith@thewonder.co.uk>wrote:

(Name dropping here:) a selection of Maurice's stuff including the
wonderful Red Fiber

KLASSIK!!!

Wow, guys. I'm blushing over here. Thanks. I should be releasing more stuff this year; I have a backlog that is coalescing into some collections. Most recently, there's this demo that's shaping up into Krafterk-in-the-tiki-lounge kind of stuff.

Anyway, here's what I've been listening to this week:

Conrad Schnitzler: dance/minimalism mix; alas, not as interesting as I'd hoped.

various tracks by Costas Andreou, an e-friend of mine, a very interesting electronica/soundscapey bassist/composer in Athens, Greece.

Friends of Dean Martinez: _Atardecer_, _A Place in the Sun_, _Random Harvest_, _The Shadow of Your Smile_ I'm really, really digging this stuff. If I had to choose, I'd say _Atardecer_ is the one to check out: gorgeously distorted desert exotica. (A friend and collaborator tells me he used to work with one of these guys, so this makes me a friend of a friend of a Friend of Dean Martinez.)

Fripp & Eno: _No Pussyfooting [2008 reissue]_ Everything that sounds good sounds better at half speed.

Glenn Branca: _Symphony No. 5_

Kraftwerk: _Kraftwerk_, _Kraftwerk 2_, _Live at Zepp, Tokyo, Japan 2004/2/28_ (really, just "Music Non-stop")

Philip Glass: _Einstein On The Beach_

Robert Ashley and Paul De Marinis (text by John Barton Wolgamot): _In Sara, Mencken, Christ and Beethoven There Were Men and Women_ (Free at ubu.com)

Senor Coconut: _El Baile Aleman_ (the Latin-tinged Kraftwerk covers again)

Sir Richard Bishop: _All Strung Out_, _Polytheistic Fragments_, _While My Guitar Violently Bleeds_ Solo improvs from the Sun City Girls guitar master.

Terry Riley: _Music with Roots in the Aether_

The 13Th FLOOR ELEVATORS: _Sign of the 3 Eyed Men Sampler_, _Easter Everywhere_

The Birthday Party: _Live 1981-82_ Maybe the most beautiful ugly music I can think of.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/