From: Maurice Rickard
<maurice@mac.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 7:19:39 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Ian Curtis died for your sins - but not mine, not mine.

Rex
<keith@thewonder.co.uk>wrote:

>> (Name dropping here:) a selection of
Maurice's stuff including the
>> wonderful Red Fiber
>
> KLASSIK!!!

Wow,
guys.  I'm blushing over here.  Thanks.  I should be releasing more stuff this
year; I have a backlog that is coalescing into some collections.  Most
recently, there's this demo that's shaping up into Krafterk-in-the-tiki-lounge
kind of stuff.

Anyway, here's what I've been listening to this week:

Conrad
Schnitzler: dance/minimalism mix; alas, not as interesting as I'd hoped.
various tracks by Costas Andreou, an e-friend of mine, a very interesting
electronica/soundscapey bassist/composer in Athens, Greece.

Friends of Dean
Martinez: _Atardecer_, _A Place in the Sun_, _Random Harvest_, _The Shadow of
Your Smile_  I'm really, really digging this stuff.  If I had to choose, I'd
say _Atardecer_ is the one to check out: gorgeously distorted desert exotica.
(A friend and collaborator tells me he used to work with one of these guys, so
this makes me a friend of a friend of a Friend of Dean Martinez.)

Fripp &
Eno: _No Pussyfooting [2008 reissue]_  Everything that sounds good sounds
better at half speed.

Glenn Branca: _Symphony No. 5_

Kraftwerk: _Kraftwerk_,
_Kraftwerk 2_, _Live at Zepp, Tokyo, Japan 2004/2/28_ (really, just "Music
Non-stop")

Philip Glass: _Einstein On The Beach_

Robert Ashley and Paul De
Marinis (text by John Barton Wolgamot): _In Sara, Mencken, Christ and
Beethoven There Were Men and Women_  (Free at ubu.com)

Senor Coconut: _El
Baile Aleman_ (the Latin-tinged Kraftwerk covers again)

Sir Richard Bishop:
_All Strung Out_, _Polytheistic Fragments_, _While My Guitar Violently
Bleeds_  Solo improvs from the Sun City Girls guitar master.

Terry Riley:
_Music with Roots in the Aether_

The 13Th FLOOR ELEVATORS: _Sign of the 3
Eyed Men Sampler_, _Easter Everywhere_

The Birthday Party: _Live 1981-82_
Maybe the most beautiful ugly music I can think of.

--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/  |  http://onezeromusic.com/