Re: (TV) 1986 lost album

I tried to find this on Hunger City but had no luck. Can you give me some info that may help me find it? I searhed under tom Verlaine and came up with nothing. Was it entitled Lost Album or something like that?

Not sure, Phil. I downloaded this one from Hunger City a few weeks ago.

Glenn C.

On 1/03/2010 5:49 AM, Phil Obbard wrote:
Are you listening to the one I assembled from b-sides ten years ago? Starts with "Sixteen Tulips"? That's not the entire "lost" album sessions, just the material that was released as b-sides between 1987 and 1990. I agree it's quite good, although I think FLASHLIGHT is stronger overall (even if individual tracks like "Anna" and "Vanity Fair" really deserved better than being b-sides).

I'm 99% certain there was other material recorded during those sessions that did not make it to b-sides that may have made it stronger than FLASHLIGHT; who knows if we'll ever hear those...

--Phil

________________________________
From: Glenn Cooper<glennwaynecooper@gmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Sent: Sat, February 27, 2010 6:08:49 PM
Subject: (TV) 1986 lost album

Long time fan, but only now hearing the 1986 "lost album" in its entirety.

Why the hell would the label reject this album? Sounds damn fine to me!

Reminds me of the story Tom Petty likes to tell about when he first handed in "Full Moon Fever". The record execs told him they didn't like it. He went away for six months, didn't change a note, then handed it back in. "This is
great!" they said. 4 top ten hits.

I know Flashlight ended up being a vastly different album to Vanity Fair,
but it isn't better by miles, only by a little bit.

Curious, to say the least.