RE: (TV) never will be another or Slow, Slower, and Slowest

interesting piece on music and money here

"There was a small period from 1970 to 1997 where people did get paid and they
got paid very handsomely," Sir Mick said. "They did make money but now that
period's done. If you look at the history of recorded music from, say, 1900 to
now, there was that period where artists did very well but the rest of the
time they didn't."