Welcome / Ice Age / Rip vs Ripp / Bomb 1993 / RE: (TV) Re: Television info

Hi Deb (aka postnote),

Welcome aboard.

Regarding your:  >...so I guess you could say that they are
> in a 'stall' mode or maybe a 'wait and see' mode.

I think it might better be described as Television's/Tom's 'glacial' mode.  As in his song
'Kaleidescopin' ':
"Consider the lilies of the field, and how they grow,
I'm just like that, but I'm more slow."

> .  Thanks for the correct spelling of his last
> name, I first thought it was Ripp but then I've seen it also
> spelled Rip, so I > wasn't sure which was correct.

There's an interesting story about the spelling.  Rip says that around the time he was playing
on Mick Jagger's solo records Ripp was not receiving the royalties he should have been from
BMI/ASCAP.  When he looked into it, he found out that there was a big BMI/ASCAP screw-up
because another person also had the name Ripp.  After waiting for over a year for ASCAP to
straighten the royality mess out , he finally threw in the towel and legally changed his name
to Rip.

If you do nothing else you should definitely check out the most amazing site containing info of
all sorts on Televisionj (and Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd):
http://www.thewonder.co.uk/   It's creator, Keith, was/is too modest to explicitly mention it
to you in his previous e-mail.

Included on "The Wonder" web site is a large section on The Press (magazine articles on
Telev./Verlaine):  http://www.thewonder.co.uk/artics.htm

But I don't believe the 1993 Bomb magazine article containing a copy of Verlaine's handwritten
lyrics is there.  About a month ago, you [Deb] posted a link to the 1993 Bomb, but when I
clicked on the link it brought me to a web-page that said I wiould have to pay $ to access the
particular Bomb archive in question.

Leo