Re: (TV) Leave Hell out please, and de-emphasize the punk-rock NYC scene, concentrate on the 331/3 rpm album itself

 Interesting thoughts Leo.

I am definitely curious to read the 33 1/3 book.  A lot of the 33 1/3s I've
read have been very personal and impressionistic, and rarely a dead on
dissection of an individual album.  I imagine Hell's archives could certainly
provide some insight to a a time and place that were crucial building blocks
in the creation of Marquee Moon.  Even if the book is a dead on analysis of
the album, Hell can probably provide some info on the genesis of several of
the songs.  Not to mention some insight into some relevant characters who are
usually tight-lipped or have selective memory.

As far as "punk rock"...  I think that label can be pretty subjective.  (I
once googled "the original punk" and the results were hilarious!)  Saying I
like 70's NY punk usually makes it pretty clear to people what I listen to.
To me it's an umbrella that covers a scene/movement and a lot of very diverse
bands.  Television will always be linked to punk rock for a lot of reasons.

Heath