Re: (TV) OT: Luna & Dean Wareham

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andrew <andrewmfc@aol.com> wrote:

> Probably due to the fact that he jettisoned their less talented asses while
> only a quarter of the way up up the ladder to quasi stardom. Galaxie 500
> were
> wondrous but imho Wareham is a genius songwriter and he and Sean Eden in
> Luna
> are every bit the guitar playing equals of Verlaine/Lloyd, with a
> discography
> that dwarfs theirs.

I like Luna very much, but I never connected with them even half as deeply
as I did with Galaxie 500.  G500 always felt like one of those true "force
of nature" bands.  Luna was much more manicured.  In a way they were the
perfect guitar band, possibly the best one going for quite a few years ago,
but Galaxie 500 was just an unmatchable noise.

It's an unpopular opinion, but hey, I'm an unpopular guy.   Spacemen 3 was
better than Spiritualized, too.

I read some extracts from that bio... it was interesting and uncomfortable.
 Wareham seemed a bit of an ass but gained some points for realizing that he
was a bit of an ass and not sugarcoating it.

-Rex