RE: (TV) Re: Tom pic bargain-bin hunting/bookstore shopping

Not only New Yorkers. The store may have been Mojo Guitar Shop at St Marks
Place. Still have their business card here at home. Got it in '99 when
Swedish-American singer Bibi Farber guided me to this place, apparently to get
me to see some celebrities who used to hang out there. Sure enough -- Quine
was inside, bald and with sunglasses. Bibi Farber was somehow a bit acquainted
with him, so she introduced me as a Swedish journalist and we shook hands. She
then also informed him that I was in town to make an interview with Richard
Hell. Quine just said "really?" or something. Outside the store, she told me
that she wasn't sure about what kind of reaction this info would cause, since
these two men were not on good terms; given Quine's reputed temper I might've
got in serious trouble. At this moment, on the sidewalk, a bicyclist with a
bike helmet arrived, parked the vehicle and went inside. "And that was Marc
Ribot", she told me. So these two may have been regulars in this place.

Leif J, Sweden

-- who just came home from Pere Ubu's "Annotated Modern Dance" show in town.
After the performance, the members sold merchandise from the stage. Bought
"Long live Pere Ubu" from 2009 and got to shake David Thomas's hand.