Re: (TV) Re: 'Hypno-eye'/booklet info

>From the MM booklet:

For the back, Tom had his mind set on a spiral image.

"To me a record jacket is just an advertisment and the funniest ad I ever saw,
when I was in the sixth grade, was a thing called the hypno-eye, which was
some swirly toy - when you pressed a button it looked like the eye was
swirling.  The art director came to NY to set up the cover, and I said I want
some corny, weird spirally shape for the back cover if you can find somebody.
A week later all this demo artwork showed up in the mail from these different
L.A. artists who had done spirals- the one we used was the nicest looking
one." Tom

--- On Tue, 5/17/11, Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: (TV) Re: 'Hypno-eye'
To: tv@obbard.com
Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 3:00 PM

What a wonderful set of associations, Joe. (Spiral galaxies - exactly!) And so
in tune with Tom's lyrics and obsessions. I especially like the James Bond
image, given Tom's fondness for spy themes, both musical and lyrical. Assuming
Tom had some role in choosing the image, he may have liked it for all the
reasons, even if unconsciously (to engage in some cheap and unprovable [prove
it!] psychological speculation).

- Jesse