Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd's Facebook Comments on The New Television Track

On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 20:25:52 -0400
BlackMonk <BlackMonk@email.msn.com> wrote:
> Tom's output for the 21st century: Two original albums, the Music for
> Film project, various guest appearances.
>
> Richard's output for the 21st century: Two original albums, an album of
> Hendrix covers, various guest appearances.
>
> No one could excuse either of being workaholics.

Don't forget Richard's teaching, his recording studio and production work,
as well as his involvement in RFTT.

Richard seems to be glad to be working, enthusiastic about his
projects and trying to get the word out.  Tom continues to apparently be his
own worst enemy in raising awareness about his music.

I've loved the music they've put out together more than most of their
solo output but it's like a marriage that produced some great kids but
ultimately couldn't last because of the friction between the partners.

It may be impolitic of Richard to voice this opinion in the public forum that
is FB, but I have grown used to Richard speaking his mind and being a bit
outrageous.  Some will not know this trait of his.

My surprise comes from having interviewed him personally and hearing or
reading other interviews in which he's given an opportunity to comment on
the difficulties he's had working with Tom, and he politely declined to
discuss it.  For him to say this on FB tells me it's a very strong
feeling in his heart.