Re: Some Answers On Rip(p) / RE: (TV) How good a guitarist is Jimmy Rip?

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Joe Thornton <Joe.Thornton@gmx.net> wrote:

> Leo wrote:
> > However, because of confusion over his name Rip versus Ripp, the above
> > link
> > does not list his contributions prior to 1985 nor to the Verlaine albums
> > Words From The Front, Cover, Flash Light, nor The Wonder.
>
> Jimmy didn't play on The Wonder. He told me himself.

That might explain a few things.  Although I do love Marty Willson-Piper,
who supposedly IS on that LP, and I like The Wonder okay (more than most
folks do, I think), it certainly lacks a spark in the actual
interlocking-guitar department that affects its overall dynamics...