Re: Some Answers On Rip(p) / RE: (TV) How good a guitarist is Jimmy Rip?

Rex wrote:
> That might explain a few things.  Although I do love Marty Willson-Piper,
> who supposedly IS on that LP, and I like The Wonder okay (more than most
> folks do, I think), it certainly lacks a spark in the actual
> interlocking-guitar department that affects its overall dynamics...

Agreed. For me, half the album is brilliant (Pillow, Prayer, Calais, Ancient Egypt, August), and the rest is interesting but flawed, or a bit unfinished. Somebody wrote that Tom was overstaying his welcome (and budget) in the studio and the recording was cut short. I'm sure he would have worked more quickly with Jimmy.

Even the fact there are practically no sleevenotes suggests it was finished abruptly. And it got very little publicity, as I recall.

--JoeT