Re: Some Answers On Rip(p) / RE: (TV) How good a guitarist is Jimmy Rip?

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Joe Thornton <Joe.Thornton@gmx.net> wrote:

> Agreed. For me, half the album is brilliant (Pillow, Prayer, Calais,
> Ancient Egypt, August), and the rest is interesting but flawed, or a bit
> unfinished. Somebody wrote that Tom was overstaying his welcome (and budget)
> in the studio and the recording was cut short. I'm sure he would have worked
> more quickly with Jimmy.
>
> Even the fact there are practically no sleevenotes suggests it was finished
> abruptly. And it got very little publicity, as I recall.

It was never even released in the US.  I think it's the only TV album to
suffer that indignity.  I bought it on cassette in France, and then chanced
on a no-cost copy in a super-low discount bin in a low rent Wherehouse a few
years later.  And I count myself lucky.