RE: (TV) WTF, Tom?

The mix always sounded claustrophobic in a way no other
> Verlaine mix does.

But wasn't the claustrophobic, super-compressed sound a major part of the
attraction here? To me it was, at least. It suited these songs extremely well
-- and also made for an even soundscape throughout. Same with the debut and
with "Cover" and "Flash Light", although in different ways. Part of my problem
with "Words from the front" and "The Wonder" is that they don't have this
evenness. Mostly good tunes on them -- but as a whole, the songs seem to have
been recorded in different studios and with different musicians.

I think I remember that TV in some interview said that the recording idea
during the "Dreamtime" session was to have the "meters up in the red fields",
and the result may be proof of that.

As for  "There's a reason" -- it should be regarded as one of the most
powerful openings of a rock'n'roll record, methinks.

Leif J, Sweden