Re: (TV) WTF, Tom?

I'll have to spend some time with those liner notes...indeed I had the
Infinite Zero release with the bonus tracks.  And the vinyl which sounds
best of all.  I find it an infinitely fascinating record.  That "meters in
the red" approach is almost never done with those kinds of guitar sounds...
it's usually all overdrivey or distortiony "wall of noise" type tones that
get pushed that way.  It's very intense to hear these more natural tones
get that treatment... same thing holds with the drums, which sound "big"
but don't have the off-putting artificial sheen that usually comes along
with that.  It's all very unique.  I always have it in my personal Top Five
Albums, and today I think it's jumping into the top slot for a while.  It's
a record that clobbered me over the head the first time I heard it, but
still continues to reveal new layers and sound different with every spin
decades later... that's rare.

So agree with Leif about the way "There's A Reason" opens the
record...classic.  On par with "See No Evil", even and even more
captivatingly sinister.