 From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To:
tv@obbard.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) MM
fadeout / digital fadeout?

Speaking of aberrations, I first heard MM on
cassette, with the fadeout.
When I got the CD I wondered if maybe the fade on
the cassette was a
cheapo way of making the song shorter to save tape.  But I
did prefer the
fade version and when I later learned that that's the way the
vinyl ended
and that it was intentional, it made sense to me.

I was hoping
the fade would be there on the CD reissue, if not on the album
proper then as
a bonus track, but I guess that's a pretty long bonus track,
especially
considering that 99% of its content would be identical to that
of the non-fade
version.  Still, very glad to have it now (thanks!)... in a
way it's kind of
weird that until now my huge-ass digital music library has
lacked what I
consider the definitive recorded version of one of my
favorite songs ever.