(TV) Vanity Fair Redux / It would take Masterpiece Theater / RE: (TV) Vanity Fair/lost album

I am a member of the school of thought that the upcoming CBGB movie will be
a total fiasco; with that many characters and only 100-120 minutes there's
no way they could do CBGBs or any of its characters justice.  To do any kind
of a good (and interesting) treatment would require something like a 10
episode Masterpiece Theater (PBS) deal with each Episode 2 hours.  That's
the only way there would be time for Verlaine to utter anything other than,
"The press deserves nothing but lies".

Definitive Cliff McLenehan quote on the "The Lost Album"/Bascombe
Sessions/"The London B-Sides" below:

Cliff McLenehan, on August 1, 2002, responded to Brian Young's above e-mail
(although Cliff mistakenly
thought the copy of the cd-r that Brian owned derived from Cliff's copy,
when in fact, Brian's cd-r was simply a
copy of Philip's 'Vanity Fair'):  "Well I'm really glad that this tape
[Cliff's] has now become available to all and
sundry.  Just as long as TV doesn't get on the phone.

"The original tape, which was given to me by a mystery man and featured the
following material:

Sixteen Tulips
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 1)
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 2)
Caveman Flashlight
Vanity Fair (short version)
Ah, Lee (real title not known)
One Time At Sundown (Version 1)
Anna
Vanity Fair (long version)
Anna (repeat of previous version)
Synth Piece 1 (from the Anna  recording)
Synth piece 2 (from the Anna recording)
Call Me The
One Time At Sundown (Version 2)

"The tape is quite clearly not the complete set of sessions as 'Circling'
and 'Smoother Than Jones'  weren't on it.

" 'The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 2)' is known as the 'Paris
version'.  'One Time At Sundown (Version
2)' is known as 'The London 1986 Version'.  'The Scientist Writes A Letter
(Version 1)' appears to be the same
[sic] as the [Flash Light] album version, though it clocks in at 5:21, and
contains the spoken passage, which
appears in 'The Paris' version.

" 'One Time At Sundown (Version 1)' also appears to be the album version,
but it too is longer than the officially released version, clocking in at
4:44.  The 'short' version of 'Vanity Fair' is the same as the long one
except that it fades much early, clocking in at 2:55.".